What has he done to this Yo Eddy :-O

hey its a 650 wheeled bike, the latest US uber niche wheel size cliche. They reckon they're the next big thing, I reckon they look like the wheels on my grandads shite bike. They'll be all over STW in a couple of weeks. 69ers are so yesterday!

Oh and I love the use of the phrase 'Mostly rust, no dents or anything major when talking about a Fat Chance, cos rust is never serious on a Fat now is it.......

I'm quite pished and praying this is a vivid real ale hallucination.

THAT'S NOT " SKOOL OF WRONG " IT'S JUST PHUKKED UP!!!

That's it...I'm gonna try to save that frame by asking him to sell it to me by itself...something tells me he's not going for it.

A few months' ago, a sale occured on fatcogs for that frame in team lavender, and the rumored price was nearly the BIN in this auction. Throw in the forks and some parts, and I dont think its so crazy.

ameybrook":vqcyfwsy said:
A few months' ago, a sale occured on fatcogs for that frame in team lavender, and the rumored price was nearly the BIN in this auction. Throw in the forks and some parts, and I dont think its so crazy.
But surely such an eccentric build isn't a very good way of maximising the value of a frame? The BMX parts must be valuable to somebody, but wouldn't that most likely not be the person who is looking for a Yo Eddy frame?

The frame doesn't look in very good condition to me. I don't think I'd want an ugly Gripshift sticker on my frame anyway, but it adds insult to injury when it's on a bike with no gears.

ameybrook":g7isp490 said:

I'd say the seller of the frame, if indeed he got the bin of nearly $1500, made out very well, since condition is everything, and that frames condition seems to be lacking. Basically, the parts would be a throw-in for a fat buyer, unless by some slim chance he is also a bmx'er.

beepbeep":g7isp490 said:
I think it's kinda funky...

(sorry :oops: )

Hey, I'm not going to knock you for your taste...at least not too much ;)
Great obcervation...it made me

Anthony":g7isp490 said:
ameybrook":g7isp490 said:
But surely such an eccentric build isn't a very good way of maximising the value of a frame? The BMX parts must be valuable to somebody, but wouldn't that most likely not be the person who is looking for a Yo Eddy frame?

The frame doesn't look in very good condition to me. I don't think I'd want an ugly Gripshift sticker on my frame anyway, but it adds insult to injury when it's on a bike with no gears.

Exactly, the seller would be better off parting it out, unless he is utterly convinced on the unique value of what he has created...and he didn't pay the rumored bin price for the frame alone.

Good observation; gripshift sticker on a bike with no gears....Ha! How absurd...and comical all at the same time...it made me :LOL:

Back