GT Karakoram K2 Galactic Fade 1990 - Time Stands Still

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Karakoram- ... SwmtJXXGhJ

This bike has been owned from new and been cherished over the years being the first proper mtb i owned. It has been in storage for a good number of years now and i doubt will ever get the use out of it now that it deserves. It took a while but reluctantly is has to make room for other things.

It has been well looked after with signs of obvious use, but nothing bad considering it's age. There are a few surface scratches in places and to some of the logos which are mostly superficial. The paint still shines bright and looks great all polished up. All of the component chrome work and parts are very clean and corrosion free. It really does look like it has had little use considering the condition but can honestly say that it was used a lot. I remember looking after it after rides, cleaning it thoroughly and lubing it up. Never had any major tumbles on it i can think of to cause any damage.

Everything that came with the bike from new is still on it, such as the original Ritchey Megabite tyres which have life left them still. Also Ritchey Vantage rims which are straight with some wear to the anodising mainly on the rear but still in great shape overall. Unmarked stainless spokes. The brake pads are still going strong and work very well. The gears change good and how they should. Some minor fettling wouldn't go amiss though. Headset had been adjusted at some point and is in good solid order, still rolling smooth and no play.

The only changes are to the saddle which i recovered in leather to replace the torn original. It looks the part, plus the leather was vintage too!

The AME grips were replaces with slightly later '92 versions but look pretty much the same except being open ended for bar ends.

The bottom bracket had been renewed at some point in it's life and runs very well with no play. It would have had very little use since the change.

Still has the original GT manual, Shimano Deore STI instructions and GT instaflate pump that came with it.

The foot straps are also included but have been removed.

Thank you for looking. Happy Bidding.

$_57.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back