Tim Gould’s old Peugeot 753 tubed frame?

Pretty sure the listing never mentioned Tim Gould’s name, so may have been unaware of the frames provenance. It may surface again on here... looks like a bit of a project with a rotten drive side chainstay and makes you wonder what the rest of the frame is like. Not a cheap project to get up and running again!

Correct it didn’t but it had a decal on to tempt ppl, plus 753 tubing Peugeot used shite metal on there cars, no way would they have made that frame set.

And I had a 205 gti

Re:

Probably a member on here and saw this thread :LOL:

Decent tubing, poor condition, and no real evidence of who the frame may once have belonged to, let alone it being one of TG's old bikes.

Surely someone on here knows & could covertly ask him if he remembers?

suburbanreuben":1uhij9xv said:
Didn't Chas make Peugeot's race bikes, or some of them?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59318&start=100
Luckily this bike is currently in my possession! :)

mtbdave":1uhij9xv said:
Correct it didn’t but it had a decal on to tempt ppl, plus 753 tubing Peugeot used shite metal on there cars, no way would they have made that frame set.

And I had a 205 gti
They made lugged road bikes out of 753 in the late 80s early 90s, but I think they struggled to create race worthy MTBs hence Chas Roberts involvement…
http://classiclightweights.net/france/p ... catalogue/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back