someone who can thread a BB tread into a titanuim frame

webba

Old School Hero
I have a titanium dynatech torus frame that was never completed the bottem bracket needs to be threaded I have been led to believe cutting a tread into titanium is not totally straight forward.

I would welcome any advice/help

I was given this frame out of pity by a friend at raleigh special products after mine had been stolen but buy this stage raleigh had stopped making titanium frames and no longer had the special tooling

i need to stress incase i wasnt clear this frame has never been threaded so it is not a rethread its a new threading i am after.

MAvic (although the BB needs a chamfer), or SJS do one. . you'll be limited to old skool square taper. . . is there anything else!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The other alternative is to measure the internal diameter of the shell is and see if you can get some bearings to pressfit in using a Klein/Early Merlin/Pace RC100 approach

Back