Another rear cable hanger

jimmy5willy

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'd swear I saw a bolt on cable hanger on here but I can't find it, nor can I remember what it's called.
It's the type that bolts through a fork brace or similar.

Any pointers?

baj":ii9mho7c said:
would the one from the P2s on my for sale thread work??

If it's this, then yes I think it would.
Could you measure the length between bolt and cable end. It's going on a moving part and I need to make sure it doesn't hit anything.

03112009110.jpg

Canti Lever Brake Bridge

Hi ya,

i just got one of these also, got it free from a relative of the wife who works in a bike shop, they sell them for £3.99

or there is this guy on ebay who is selling them for £7 but with free p+P, not really free though as he is already adding a £3 mark up

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cantilever-brake- ... 3ca6a73775

easy enough to get hold off as apparently cyclocross people like them?

charlieboy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
jimmy5willy":1y65paon said:
baj":1y65paon said:
would the one from the P2s on my for sale thread work??

If it's this, then yes I think it would.
Could you measure the length between bolt and cable end. It's going on a moving part and I need to make sure it doesn't hit anything.

03112009110.jpg

and what do you mean a moving part? these cant be used with suspension forks so i'm told, something to do with your brakes not working at all or something like that,lol

no but like really, joking aside you cant use these with suspension forks, the compression of the fork will mean that the brake will not work, and all forks move, your bars will hit you bollox way before the cable bridge interferes with anything

Whoah, hey, chill people. I said moving parts, not fork! ;)

I'm hoping it'll be going on the rear end of the Coyote. The place where this bolts on, and the brake mounts are on the same piece of seatstay. (So in effect it would work like a hard tail?)
The moving parts are where the cable is covered by outer and would have the same effect as turning your handlebars vs front brake cables.

Make sense?

Hanger goes where the bolt is sticking out.

P7310002.jpg

Actually, looking at that, I don't think it will hit anything!

Back