Enable my Dynatech and M Trax addiction!

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, I guess it's that time of year again when the weather gets crappy and the evenings get dark, and I start thinking about building more than riding ...

I'm still on the look out for the 'right' M Trax or Dynatech, 19 inch or larger. As 19 is already an inch too small, I have no leeway with anything smaller. I had some great offers, but ended up not buying for various reasons.

My revised Raleigh Special Products Division wish list is now like this:

#1 most sought after: 1993 M Trax 400 Duo Tech

#2 pre-1994 Dynatech titanium

#3 1994 Dynatech Diablo or Decade (!)

#4 1994 or 1995 M Trax titanium

Anything considered as long as it's 19" or larger, as I'm after a frame for a winter bike build, and I'm also after nicer summer (if such a season exists in Devon) bike frame / bike. Original paint work, decals, and head badge are preferred.

Re:

Would a 17" work for you as I've got a black duo tech mtrax 400 on the sale forum? It's got the sparkly black paint like the MT3 or MT4.

Re:

I have a 94 M Trax Ti 3000 in 19" & I'm in Exmouth.
Purple/grey with UGLI fork. Put repro Dyna Tech decals & stem on it as wasn't sure what it was when I acquired it. Been riding it over winter with slicks & 2 x 7 LX M560 trans. It rides really well. Can post a photo tomorrow. Are you looking for a whole bike or part as I'd quite like to hang on to the STI & Flite?

Re: Re:

jimbog":9bob97o3 said:
Would a 17" work for you as I've got a black duo tech mtrax 400 on the sale forum? It's got the sparkly black paint like the MT3 or MT4.

Thanks, but being over 6 foot tall I would really need the 19" sized frame.

Re: Re:

jimbo-xc":b63g160j said:
I have a 94 M Trax Ti 3000 in 19" & I'm in Exmouth.
Purple/grey with UGLI fork. Put repro Dyna Tech decals & stem on it as wasn't sure what it was when I acquired it. Been riding it over winter with slicks & 2 x 7 LX M560 trans. It rides really well. Can post a photo tomorrow. Are you looking for a whole bike or part as I'd quite like to hang on to the STI & Flite?

This could be interesting. I'm only really after frame and forks, but if the original stem and handlebar is there, I might also be interested in that too.

Re:

Found this pic from the May 2011 FoD retrobike national ride. Current stem is silver & badged Dyna-tech but it's not the original ultra long purple one in this pic & the original ti bar with no bend has gone too. Headset & brake hanger is original. It currently has slicks & ugly plastic mudguards fitted.

Attachments

• fod12.JPG
    fod12.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 615
Re:

I have a completely unused and lovely 19'' MT4 frame and original forks, if that's any good?
It's fitted with a NOS headset, but can come with a polished Ti stem and seatpost if you're interested.

Back