cyclo cross frameset or older gravel style NOW SORTED

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
Frameset capable of taking cross tyres. Needs to be canti braking not disc and capable of mild offroad use.For drop bars so not an mtb. Size around 18" ( normally ride a 22/23 inch road bike)Really a case of what have you.Frame only would be fine
Thanks
Peter

Re: cyclo cross frameset or older gravel style

half cog":1j4in71q said:
Frameset capable of taking cross tyres. Needs to be canti braking not disc and capable of mild offroad use.For drop bars so not an mtb. Size around 18" ( normally ride a 22/23 inch road bike)Really a case of what have you.Frame only would be fine
Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter,

I have an 1985 Alan Competizione cyclocross frameset (bonded aluminium). Size is 54 x 54 (CtC). Did you ride crossbikes before? I'm asking because I don't see why you want to go that small for a crossbike if you ride 22/23 inch road bikes?

Wim

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 775
Re: cyclo cross frameset or older gravel style

Lots of toe / front wheel interaction if you dont choose right!

Re:

Thanks for the offer of the allen.Have had a bonded Litage mtb in the past and the ride was excellent. However that was a very long time ago and I do not know the life span of frame bonding agents.Esecially given the intended usage so am sorry but will pass on this one.Appreciate the comments re toe overlap and thank you.To fill in the background a bit.Am looking for something between a road bike and an mtb for winter riding on the bridleways and
roads around the dale hence cross bike came to mind.Small size idea is probably from my mtb days.One concern I have is that Back in the days of no suspension I started to damage the ulner nerves in my elbows through thrashing down rocky hills.Woke up in the night with the hands dead and had to do much beating of the arms to get life back in to them.Physio said pack it in or loose the use of your hands.so a three month lay off followed by an early sat of suspension forks cured the problem.In short I am not even totally convinced the old body will cope with the hammer so am not going to walk into a bike shop and throw big meney at this only to find it is a non event.Hence my request to you gentlemen.Will take note of the size comment. probably need to do a bit of asking around.As said thank you. I appreciate the offer and comments
Peter

Re:

I've a Kona Jake The Snake frame from around '99, pretty sure it's an18", aluminium, canti brake. Well used, and shows it, but usable and cheap.

Re:

Thanks for the reply.Am reviewing my thoughts on sizing in view of comments.May need to be bigger.Will get back when I have sorted
Regards
Peter

Re: Re:

jimo746":2xv2qszq said:
I've a Kona Jake The Snake frame from around '99, pretty sure it's an18", aluminium, canti brake. Well used, and shows it, but usable and cheap.

In case Half Cog is not interested, can you send me some pics, TT and ST size and a price (including shipping to Belgium)? Thanks

Wim

Re: cyclo cross frameset or older gravel style SORTED THANKS.

Am now sorted ( I hope )Having said that it is going to be a week or so before the thing is to hand so much crossing of fingers e.t.c.Thanks to all who made contact and whilst it is too early HAPPY CHRISTMAS and all the best
Regards
Peter

Back