Glasgow Trails?

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I've got a few hours to kill tomorrow evening in Glasgow, will have a bike with me, so where is good to ride locally?

Already seen Cathkin Braes , and Pollock country park online, but if someone local knows somewhere to try then please let me know!

It was a bit of a last minute post, folks from the Glasgow area probably just didn't see the thread. I see from Strava that a fair few Macretro riders have ridden there before though ;-)

missed this Jimo, tbh I live 9-10 miles from Glasgow, but don't know it well for rides

most weegies pedal out mugdock / WHW direction, tbh never been out that way. I tend to go south and ride GT which is about a 30 min drive for me or pedal my local trails clyde walkway, chatelherault, strathy park which are all interconnected giving good distance but not the most exciting

reckon you'd have fun at cathkin, it's pretty good tho quite intensive/tiring after a few laps, kudos to those that race it

gmac123":22vrf13g said:
reckon you'd have fun at cathkin, it's pretty good tho quite intensive/tiring after a few laps, kudos to those that race it

The bit of dual slalom type track was great fun! :mrgreen: I didn't want to push it too much though as I had folks to pick up and drive back to Aberdeen!

And actually not that much climbing all told.
Worth going if you're local-ish.

Re: Re:

RobMac":4384k9v1 said:
I was a bit disappointed that our Glasgow member didn't give any input about your enquiry.

Mair cheek and insinuation :shock:

Theres nowhere really. Cathkin is about as good as it gets unless you want the thrill of riding in the city centre during rush hour.

Back