Dawes synthesis (i know, i know!)

d00m

Retro Guru
Hey guys, I know it's not a mtb but the road forum is very foreign and therefore a bit intimidating for me; I dont know what a campagnolo is or even that Harry Hill made bike frames!

Anyway, I have this old Dawes Synthesis with Reynolds tubing and an alivio (mtb) groupset.
Thought it had potential as a bikepacking gravelly sort of ride with a few component changes but I already have a pioneer trail for that :)

I know hybrids aren't ever going to be collectable so what should I ask for this price wise?

I think it's lovely but I also think you'll struggle to make £80. I picked up a very similarly specced, very good condition Specialized Crossroads the other week for a measly £40. It feels a bit like daylight robbery (although that didn't stop me driving away with it!). However, having said that, my experience is that to get the most out of these 90s' hybrid frames, almost every single component has to be changed, so the full cost ends up being a lot more than the price of the basic bike. There is already a Synthesis for sale on here and the asking price is £200, but that has been significantly upgraded.

I think I'd be happy with £80, something nice about old hybrid frames so you never know!

Back