And today I did......

Re:

The sadness of the retro cyclist, or me in particular. Ridiculously pleased with myself to have found and bought a pair of NOS Michelin World Tour tyres with amber sidewalls in 32 x 700c, you can't get 32's anymore only 35's. They will debut at Clubby's gravel ride. Simple sad pleasures :facepalm:

Re:

Today I got medieval on some seized chainring bolts :twisted:
I gave them a chance with normal methods, even tried some penetrating oil, so today it was time for the drill.
Was quicker and easier than expected tbh.
Now rocking a more reasonable 42T on the fixed gear rather than the 48T :D

Re:

Few things more satisfying than proving the old methods still work and you don't need a Special Tool :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Today I visited sunny Aberdeen :cool:
And enjoyed a good ride out courtesy of JimO it was varied and interesting I especially liked the ride along the banks of the River Don, didny half want to get ma tackle oot :shock:
Jim had to nurse me along the last 1/4 of the ride as I was wasted :facepalm:

Am I getting too old?????

Attachments

• 20190505_121436.jpg
    20190505_121436.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 317
  • 20190505_121516.jpg
    20190505_121516.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
  • 20190505_121533.jpg
    20190505_121533.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
Never too old mate.
It would be unusual for us all to be at the top of our game all at the same time. We all ride together because we are mates, it's more about riding with each other than the ride. That's what I believe anyway. I would rather ride along with a friend having a bad day at 5mph than have a boring time riding on my own. Always nice when my mates hang back with me when I am having an off day as well. So don't be too hard on yourself, I'm sure Jim had a good day out. A least you kept your tackle to yourself :)

Jamie

Re:

Jamie, I could have written that word for word myself.

Don't mind too much riding on my own but would much rather be out with like-minded guys pissing about on our bikes.
As I approach my twilight years Rob, keeping up with them is getting harder especially on the climbs, but never get left on my tod by my riding mates. If you came on a ride with us you'd be fine.

Today up in the Ochils was a feckin' hard but good day for me even though keeping up with Kenny and Keith isnae happening anymore.
Compared to last time in Ochils, July last year, I realised that I'm fitter this time due probably to riding with fitter guys than me. Too easy for me to take it easy riding by myself.

Re: Re:

RobMac":2y0im9mm said:
Well I got up this morning and I can still walk although my legs feel slightly drained :)

You got an 8 week old baby as well? Cos that’s pretty much how I feel every day :)

Glad you’re getting out again Rob, hopefully see you in a ride soon. How about a Tour de Leven?

Got out for a few hours this morning. First time on the mountain bike in months. Took a while to get used to leaning on the front wheel again, after so much non technical gravel riding. Felt great to be rattling down singletrack again though.

Re: Re:

RobMac":2ihjv0bu said:
Well I got up this morning and I can still walk although my legs feel slightly drained :)

Thats to be expected Rob, it wasn't a short ride, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.... Or something like that.
It was a nice change to go riding with company , as the vast majority of my riding is on my lonesome :cry:

"Haste ye back', as you lot say I believe ;)

Re:

defintely feeling more aches and pains nowadays even at the ripe young age of 47 (and a bit).

Like OCP says, kenny is mega fit and climbs like a goat but I've defnitely felt getting fitter riding and trying to keep up at least some of the time.

sometimes it's good to ride solo just for the head space (and not to listen to OCP trying to talk to ye while bursting a climb when ye cannae breath lol) but definetly much more enjoyable with company.

hows mother and baby doing Clubby, hope all good and you are getting some sleep lol.

Back