Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

rBotM October - vote -
Poll ended at Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:32 pm
biggs682 - Dave Hinde 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
lewisfoto - Tesch 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
ibbz - Carlton 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
firedfromthecircus - Eddy Merckx 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
KingBling - Harry Perry 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Gridno27 - TVT 92 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
bikenut2010 - Moser 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 44
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:50 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Hi all.
Theres still time for others to vote, but agree that the RBotM has been left a bit by the wayside and interest has flagged. Its a bit catch 22 really.
This is one of the reasons I asked to take it on as I would like to see it pick up interest as well.
It is only the first month and I am hoping to run a few themes as we go so that people who have entered in the general competition can enter a themed one, maybe look at the rule that says you can only ever enter once, maybe make that you can't re enter a machine within 2 years.
Themes along the lines of, nationality of a machine, ie; Italian, British etc, maybe brands every other month for the more popular makes. Track machines, wall hangers only, its a never ending list if you start thinking about it.
I am also looking to run a picture comp in the road section next month, picking a theme each month that is a bit more open to interpretation.
I am hoping to inject a bit of enthusiasm back into it and hopefully enthuse a few people to join in. I can do the polls , that's easy enough but unless people support it then its a hiding to nothing.
Spread the word, tell people to get on board if they are interested. The only way to know if its wanted or people are happy with these things is to support it or say so in a comment etc. There just seems to be a lot of negativity creeping in the forum lately and, hell, we ride old bikes, we build old bikes, we share everything about the old bikes with likeminded retrobikers, so there's really nothing to be negative about :)

Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:35 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner

Jamiedyer wrote:
Hi all.
Theres still time for others to vote, but agree that the RBotM has been left a bit by the wayside and interest has flagged. Its a bit catch 22 really.
This is one of the reasons I asked to take it on as I would like to see it pick up interest as well.
It is only the first month and I am hoping to run a few themes as we go so that people who have entered in the general competition can enter a themed one, maybe look at the rule that says you can only ever enter once, maybe make that you can't re enter a machine within 2 years.
Themes along the lines of, nationality of a machine, ie; Italian, British etc, maybe brands every other month for the more popular makes. Track machines, wall hangers only, its a never ending list if you start thinking about it.
I am also looking to run a picture comp in the road section next month, picking a theme each month that is a bit more open to interpretation.
I am hoping to inject a bit of enthusiasm back into it and hopefully enthuse a few people to join in. I can do the polls , that's easy enough but unless people support it then its a hiding to nothing.
Spread the word, tell people to get on board if they are interested. The only way to know if its wanted or people are happy with these things is to support it or say so in a comment etc. There just seems to be a lot of negativity creeping in the forum lately and, hell, we ride old bikes, we build old bikes, we share everything about the old bikes with likeminded retrobikers, so there's really nothing to be negative about :)

Jamie

Thanks for that and I'm sure we all look forward to more activity and variety and a challenge too.
Te <--1997 retro MTB section has its up and downs too but is always far more active and busy than this - which i find odd as road biking is far more popular than MTB these days here in Britain and I guess elsewhere too - and this forum is probably for all road bikes regardless of age whereas the MTB section is niche .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 pm 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

Jamiedyer wrote:
Hi all.

Jamie

Some great ideas here, a fresh injection of new vitality.

Im sick of seeing forensically presented shelf queens and wall hangers myself. Real bikes, with real character and real relevance. :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:56 pm 

Wow a 3 way Tie!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:23 am 

What's the Tiebreaker question............

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 am 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Good idea to have some themes Jamie .
In the mtb section, you can enter the same bike twice I think. I don't understand the lack of interest. 44 votes in total! :shock:

Keep up the good work :wink:

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:48 am 

Nob wrote:

May have to split it 3 ways!
:xmas-big-grin:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:14 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Nob wrote:

We should have a runoff

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:49 pm 
Retro Guru

ibbz wrote:
Wow a 3 way Tie!

More than half the voters can claim to have got it right and picked the winner (incl me)

Thanks for your enthusiasm and efforts Jamie. It will only get better and better

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:58 pm 

There should be a new rBotM logo with J prefix for joint haha!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next