FS : DP Firebird Freestyler-£180 posted

somafunk

Dirt Disciple
I was going to keep my old DP Freestyler (frame number 932) and restore it to how it looked back in 1985 but i've finally realised i can't justify spending a wad of cash and time on a bike that i won't ever ride so it's up for sale, if i did restore it it would end up hanging on my wall, it'd be a damn shame for such an iconic BMX to end up as an ornament to my youth.

£180 posted for the complete bike which i consider to be a fair price considering there's some right dogs that go for £250+ on ebay and suchlike, i'd rather it went to someone from retrobike who'll treat it right and restore it back to glory.

5801253767_a6d26fd4a0.jpg

5801813004_5097c22c29.jpg

5801265963_b56b1d9e8d.jpg

5801816406_949d8d0d06.jpg

Frame is true and straight with no dents or deep scratches, apologies for my dodgy fluorescent paint job though - original colour was ice white.
Acorn freestyle wheels, perished tyres with no-name crankset or at least i cannot find a name on it.
SR stem and bars with odi mushroom grips which are still in good condition surprisingly.

Apologies to the few folk who pm'ed me with an offer which i turned down at the start of june when i originally posted up details of the bike asking if it's worth doing owt wi the frame, i decided i was going to restore it after finally laying eyes on it after it had spent the past 20+yrs up in my fathers garage loft but i've got enough restoration projects on the go at the moment, mainly my 1984 mk2 golf gti which is currently running at multiples of £1000's and draining all my cash at a horrendous rate so i figure the sale of my bmx will go towards the car fund.

The frame, wheels n' parts will be stripped and securely boxed up for postage.

A long time user of singletrackworld and 100% good feedback from ebay.

Cheers.

Well if bendycat gets it you know it is in one of the best homes available, I'll look forward to the resto.

Pm'ed bendycat as well.

Yeah i realise i've been a tad greedy asking £180 so i'll drop the price to what i've offered it to bendycat and skki but not until i've heard back from them with a yes or no.

Trying to be fair.

Fella before i say ill have it please tell Bendy that i did make you and offer back in June and thats why you have offered it to me, i dont want anyone thinking im being out of order and gusumping and i dont really wanna piss Bendy off as he is a member of another forum and we do have some respect for each other also he is a nice guy.

Bendy please come back with your opinion

Skki, yeah i did mail bendycat stating that you offered me "X"-amount back at the start of june when i posted on the forum asking for info regarding the frame, don't worry i'm trying to be fair to the both of you who pm'ed me with offers but it's awkward to do that on a forum.

Seeing as bendycat made me the first offer when i advertised it at £180 i guess i'll have to let him have first refusal on the offer that i pm'ed you's with. otherwise i guess it's yours skki.

I'll let you know as soon as i hear back from him.

Cheers,

Right guys i have pm'd Somafunk say that i would like it and accept his price

I do under stand that you Skki did want to buy the bike when it was first shown but understand that it was turned down and said that somafunk was to do it up him self

Now when it came on for actual sale i was the first and only one to respond to the sale - only when i offered £20 less than the asking price that i have paid/to finalise , did somafunk pm you skki - to which you have politely and respectfully ask if i wanted it + somafunk has said that first refusel - sorry i had to say yes as i have been after one for years

thank you and sorry skki - a lot of respect to you mate ;)

cheers B ;)

Easy B

Yeah i made the guy an offer when it first come up and he wasnt selling it thats why he had offered it to me also i had offered a bit more than you have now.

Fella i like things to be fair and you was the first to answer back when it actually went up for sale so i suppose thats fair, i will say though im gutted. :(

Still maybe some good karma will come from this and you will be good to me one day ;)

Have fun with it fella

Back