rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
April ‘20 RBotM winner

Yesterday we, as a whole family, took our first ride out together for well over a month, (Mrs Peachy wanted to join in but refuses to ride off road) so out came the road Clauds and a very nice ride was had….
But upon our return, Jimmy asked if he might start a new build, this time a slightly more modern road (his Electron is from ’69 and his Cavalier ’77) maybe a late 80’s or early 90’s?

Now it so happens that Jimmy was “Karma’d” a Concorde Astore frame set by RB member NeilM back in July of 2018.

At 22” it was too big for the lad, so was safely stashed away along with the rest of the queue.

So I sent Jimmy up to the hayloft to go fetch it down, and told him to look for a 700 Wolber wheel set that were also hanging up there.

Then to get the box labelled ‘Shimano Road’ from the parts store and have a dig through the 105 & 600 kit whilst I take the dogs for a walk….

What do I find when I get back?
A set of Ambrosia rims on Campagnolo hubs, Cinelli bars and stem, and as much Campag kit as he could find! :shock: Cheeky sod…….

Attachments

• Concorde.JPG
    Concorde.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,879
  • IMG_5172.jpg
    IMG_5172.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,878
  • IMG_5173.jpg
    IMG_5173.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,873
  • IMG_5174.jpg
    IMG_5174.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,875
  • IMG_5175.jpg
    IMG_5175.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,880
Re:

Outstanding, he is clearly a gentleman of taste. :mrgreen:

BTW, that saddle was about the most uncomfortable torture device I have ever had the misfortune to perch my botty bits upon.

Re: Re:

NeilM":3hj6lt6a said:
Outstanding, he is clearly a gentleman of taste. :mrgreen:

Yes..... expensive taste... gets it from his mum!
He’s now just informed me he doesn’t want to use friction down tube levers but rather indexed brake/shifters... and Campagnolo at that!
I’ve explained it would be easier to go down the 5.5mm spaced Shimano route as the hub on the Ambrosias is threaded for a freewheel..
I’m not sure anyone made a 5mm spaced freewheel compatible for early Campagnolo indexing?

Re: Our Jimmy’s lock down build - Concorde Astore

This afternoons job was a deep clean and T-cut, removal of all grease and old shop transfers (yes, I know these had a certain authentic charm, but they were looking more than a little dog eared now)
A quick polish up of the chrome, didn’t need much.

Then out with Jimmy’s Airfix/Humbrol enamels for some touching up..

Attachments

• IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 1,838
  • IMG_5177.jpg
    IMG_5177.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,838
  • IMG_5179.jpg
    IMG_5179.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • IMG_5180.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 1,837
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,837
  • IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,839

Peachy!":1bobk4kz said:
A set of Ambrosia rims on Campagnolo hubs, Cinelli bars and stem, and as much Campag kit as he could find! :shock: Cheeky sod…….

I like him already! :D

Clearly a passionate kid with fire in his Belly for the Italian Stuff :) Campagnolo the way to go & probably a Lamborghini or a Ferrari fan also :)

Nob":1bkp9x4g said:
Clearly a passionate kid with fire in his Belly for the Italian Stuff :) Campagnolo the way to go & probably a Lamborghini or a Ferrari fan also :)

Apparently he’s saving his pocket money for a Lotus! (Haven’t the heart to tell him how much insurance costs)

Back