1989 Concorde Astore “Team America” Finished pg5

Re: Our Jimmy’s lock down build - Concorde Astore

Bright lad using what resources are at his disposal, even if it is stretching Dads stock slightly. And if he needs a smaller Italian frame I've got an Olmo in the shed that might be a better fit.

You should be able to use a Sachs freewheel with early Campag brifters, the early 8 speeds and the 6's and 7's of the same series are Campag spacing.

allenh":2n4ocl9c said:
Bright lad using what resources are at his disposal, even if it is stretching Dads stock slightly. And if he needs a smaller Italian frame I've got an Olmo in the shed that might be a better fit.

You should be able to use a Sachs freewheel with early Campag brifters, the early 8 speeds and the 6's and 7's of the same series are Campag spacing.

Cheers Allen, I had an idea Sachs might be the way to go, so I canvased a few eBay sellers last night, they’ve all come back with 5mm :D

As for frame size, I predict he’ll out grow this within two years!

One thing I need to check is if this has an Italian BB thread..... Neil?

Oh, & does anyone know when these were made?

I have a few italian thread campagnolo cartridge bb hanging around if you get stuck

Peachy!":1psyxqlr said:
Cheers Allen, I had an idea Sachs might be the way to go, so I canvased a few eBay sellers last night, they’ve all come back with 5mm :D

As for frame size, I predict he’ll out grow this within two years!
Those Sachs freewheels used to be pretty common but sadly not so now although they are still about the pricing can be a little optimistic.

No problem on the frame and yes they have a habit of doing that mine has already outgrown her first proper adult sized frame.

legrandefromage":nfz59pcs said:
I have a few italian thread campagnolo cartridge bb hanging around if you get stuck

Cheers LGF. I’ll have a dig through my boxes first.

Any idea on it’s age btw? I’m guessing early 90’s?

Peachy!":33cv19u8 said:

You'll need to measure to be sure but it may well be an Italian BB. I had a SRAM GXP BB fitted and without going down to the garage and checking I cannot be certain but I remember having at least one Italian GXP in the box.

I'm pretty sure that Astore is a 1989 model. I think there is a brochure in the RB Archive.

NeilM":4vhyolcj said:
Peachy!":4vhyolcj said:

You'll need to measure to be sure but it may well be an Italian BB. I had a SRAM GXP BB fitted and without going down to the garage and checking I cannot be certain but I remember having at least one Italian GXP in the box.

I'm pretty sure that Astore is a 1989 model. I think there is a brochure in the RB Archive.

89 will do for me.....

And yes it has Italian 36x24 threads.... fortunately the Gods of the spares box favour me today with a nice set of Campagnolo cups & they fit like a glove... :cool:

Attachments

• 09A7132B-8363-4DC5-88C5-6CD657591C6F.jpeg
    09A7132B-8363-4DC5-88C5-6CD657591C6F.jpeg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 325
Re: Our Jimmy’s lock down build - Concorde Astore 89?

Never mind the bike - love the loft & workshop!

Re: Our Jimmy’s lock down build - Concorde Astore 89?

rwm1962":3u0to0zl said:
Never mind the bike - love the loft & workshop!

Cheers, just spent two weeks sorting it out!

Back