Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:28 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Ah, forgot that for a couple of years the block type Carlton Transfers came with a non drilled head tube and a black and white vertical decal...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Location: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
PeachyPM wrote:
I'd dress it as a Black GS, that Lilac's awful! but at least you've got a steer decal wise....

To air on the cautious side most probably just decal as Competition, and I agree with you about the Lilac, so it will definitely be black, looking forward to seeing the finished bike. It will have been an interesting project and as a gardening friend of mine would say. 'I do like a bit of digging'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Location: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Midlife wrote:
Ah, forgot that for a couple of years the block type Carlton Transfers came with a non drilled head tube and a black and white vertical decal...

I was only informed of this at the weekend. Thanks for staying with the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 pm 
Old School Grand Master

There was a website called "Carlton cycles Me" which had the dates that Carlton used the block decals and non drilled head tube. It went down a few tears ago but was a good source of carlton info. Look forward to seeing the finished bike :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Midlife wrote:
There was a website called "Carlton cycles Me" which had the dates that Carlton used the block decals and non drilled head tube. It went down a few tears ago but was a good source of carlton info. Look forward to seeing the finished bike :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 pm 
Retro Guru

All the carlton catalogues are online and the Facebook group is 1500 strong with a good knowledge Base.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

AndyMart wrote:
All the carlton catalogues are online and the Facebook group is 1500 strong with a good knowledge Base.

Thanks for this. I came across the Facebook page while ‘digging.’ I will have another look. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm 
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner
r.B.o.T.M. & P.o.T.M. Winner

Midlife wrote:

I have all the content from that site, Jerry Mortimore passed on the Discs to me a while ago. The domain has been 'bought' by someone else...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Latest Update
Frame has been couriered to Hull by my local bike shop for some chrome work to be added to chainstays and seat stays it should be due back in the next few weeks. Then it will be resprayed black with lugs lined in gold before the rebuild starts. All decals have been sourced, these will be added before the final clear lacquer coat is applied. Then my son and I will commence the complete rebuild. Photos will be added to the thread as the project progresses. Thanks to all who’ve contributed so far.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Frame back from being chromed. Now off to frame paint finishers tomorrow to have the strip and respray, decals applied and the lugs gold lined. Progression is slow but sure.

Attachments:
CA94BB9F-D64E-4134-A0DA-72CAFAA33C7B.jpeg
CA94BB9F-D64E-4134-A0DA-72CAFAA33C7B.jpeg [ 218.55 KiB | Viewed 388 times ]
75096B5E-AA13-41E7-AD51-13B3DA337AB6.jpeg
75096B5E-AA13-41E7-AD51-13B3DA337AB6.jpeg [ 223.4 KiB | Viewed 388 times ]

Last edited by Lackluster on Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next