HELP! Identify this (possibly Italian) racing bicycle frame

chrisberty

Dirt Disciple
Right I recently purchased this frame set off a local car boot sale. However I have no idea what it is. Now there are no decals on it, and next to no paint left, although much of the original chroming still exists. The front of the head tube is stamped with a strange "WP" logo, as are all of the lugs! The dropouts on the fork and frame are campagnolo. The bottom bracket shell has Cinelli stamped into the underside (along with the illusive WP logo) as well as "Taganiny" on the top. The fork is fully chromed with the letter "P" stamped into the crown, with Columbus Forcella Originale tubing. The frame is also most likely Columbus tubing. The frameset came with a set of Cinelli Criterium bars and stem, with an ITM Ergal triathlon handlebar attachment. Its proving to be a very hard one to identify. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :mrgreen:

p4pb10608106.jpg

p4pb10608105.jpg

p4pb10608103.jpg

p4pb10608101.jpg

Re: HELP! Identify this (possibly Italian) racing bicycle fr

Paganini which despite sounding Italian were made in Belgium I believe

chipper":15qq2s81 said:
Paganini which despite sounding Italian were made in Belgium I believe

+1

They are something to do with the Plum Vainqueur bike shop in Ghent, Belgium and I think their frames were built by CIOCC

Yep, Paganini was the house brand of Plum, the bike shop in Gent (which is apparently at risk of closing or being sold on because the owners are getting close to retirement and/or losing interest).

I think Paganini was originally an Italian brand that got bought up by Plum. There is a rumour that the frames were built by the Bilato brothers who worked for Ciocc, Conti and Concorde. The Paganini frames have some similarities to the top end Concorde models, such as that little embossed rectangle that was usually painted as an Italian flag.

Anyway, the Paganinin frames with the pantographed logos are the good ones.

Good luck with it,

Johnny

I had a top end paganini for a couple of years after I left uni, very nice indeed.
Sold it on in the end, as it was just a little bit too big.

Fantastic! Cheers guys! Much appreciated! Not bad for £6 eh? ;)

Latest posts

Back