Condor road bike 1980s

laurie18

Dirt Disciple
1t9bi0.jpg

Offered here is a beautiful Condor road bike which dates from the mid/late 1980s. When I purchased the bike about 10 years ago I was told that it had been owned by someone involved with the Condor-Bilton racing team of the 1980s.

I contacted Condor Cycles in London and asked if they could provide any information about the bike which has frame number 985. Below is the reply I recieved from Grant Young at Condor

'The bike was made for the director of Percy Bilton for his girlfriend.His name was
Ron Groom and he was one of the main sponsors of the team back then,he
was himself a very keen cyclist with an enormous collection of Condor
bikes,I don't think the bike in your possession was used much and looks
in fine condition.'

The bike itself measures 20" from the centre of the bottom bracket to the intersection point of the seat tube and top tube. The components are mainly Shimano 600 ex (non aero) apart from the handlebars which are Dura-Ace AX, the stem which is 600AX (aero) and the seat post which is a generic aero style item. The wheel hubs are Dura-Ace (later than other AX components on bike) with Saturn HC19 'clincher' rims with Vittoria Mistral 19 tyres. Rear block is Dura-Ace 6 speed cassette.

The frame has detailed Cinelli lugs and other frame components as can be seen in the pictures, Reynolds 531c frame tubes and 531 fork blades.

The bike is in outstanding condition and has obviously had minimal use over the years.

I would have liked to have photographed the bike outside in natural light, these photos really don't do it justice.

I have probably missed significant details so please feel free to ask question or request detailed photos.

In view of problems in the past, getting bikes sent safely by post or courier I would prefer the buyer to collect the bike in person.
Please email for detailed photos

Looking for offers around £550

Thanks for looking.

Back