Santa Cruz Heckler 07'

Drewson

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thought i'd stick up a pic of my modern bike. Rides like a beauty and makes it hard to take a retro bike out at times..... :roll:

SantaCruzHeckler07.jpg

Went all out with the spec on this one.....dated now though innit.... ;) :D

My plan was to pick one of these up in the states while out there in April, The local shop to my niece had them on sale for £1200 09 models :? The plan was to use it out there then flog it when get back here

drewson - are those 130mm paces on a 150mm frame? what are your thoughts on bikes with more rear than front travel?

I am building an orange one with a slightly more utilitarian spec:

medium.jpg

should be finished this weekend is merlin deliver in the morning!

TBH i find the rear end pretty firm with the RP23 as i have it set up, so no problems with more travel on the rear. I prefer a bike with slightly less travel, but not necessarily an all out cross-country bike.... :)

Ihatemud":1rzj90cc said:
what are your thoughts on bikes with more rear than front travel?

Same question/thought from me. i have specced some 150mm (6") Marzocchis to go on my 2000 SC Bullit (7" fox rear)

I got a lot to learn about full sussers

I have completed the build:

large.jpg

and the new forks 140mm revelations need bedding in - which means I will have to ride it a lot!! yippee...

Personally I have found that since most modern bikes have more of a rear weight bias (with the rider on the bike of course) that having more travel in the rear than the front is the proper way to build one up. Having more than a 1" travel different front to rear however is not always desirable because of geometry problems.

Ihatemud":3d0y8mdg said:
drewson - are those 130mm paces on a 150mm frame? what are your thoughts on bikes with more rear than front travel?

I am building an orange one with a slightly more utilitarian spec:

should be finished this weekend is merlin deliver in the morning!

Drew's bike has 150mm 20mm Pace RC41 fighter forks, so 150mm front and back.

Latest posts

Back