MR OX'S Santa Cruz Chameleon (My modern)

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
So quite some time ago I decided I'd get a bike to get a bit fitter but was far too stupid to just buy a new bike deciding to get something a bit older (this is also how I ended up here!)
A quick trip to ebay secured me this listed as a frame as "all parts are included but probably all need replacing"

Attachments

• $_57[3].jpg
    $_57[3].jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 3,920
Re:

So I picked it up, it was just as described, very tierd! a fair amount of it was bin fodder, the paint was coming off it a few places just by handling it & the blooming seatpost was seized. After a good strip down the post was also encouraged out & the frame was refinished in silver

Attachments

• new 007.JPG
    new 007.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 3,914
Re:

So things had been aquired while this was going on & a build began coming to about this point, before I got distracted by other older projects.

Attachments

• lllll 007.JPG
    lllll 007.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,913
Re:

So the days have started getting shorter & while I've been tinkering with other bikes I picked up several other bits including a set of superfly bombers for postage costs only from a great guy on here (you know who you are!) re-invigerated I pulled my finger out & got it near on finished.
At this point I must credit "The hub" my local bike shop who finished up a few bits I wasn't to confident with.
It's now ready to go just requiring a few cosmetic touches, I have some new brake boosters to fit & I'd like to get a set of decals in colours to match the fork decals.

Attachments

• BIKE PICS 24th 009.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 009.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 3,907
  • BIKE PICS 24th 007.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 007.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 3,907
  • BIKE PICS 24th 008.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 008.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 3,908
  • BIKE PICS 24th 003.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 003.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 3,908
  • BIKE PICS 24th 005.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 005.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 3,908
  • BIKE PICS 24th 006.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 006.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 3,908
  • BIKE PICS 24th 001.JPG
    BIKE PICS 24th 001.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 3,908
Re:

Looks pretty good! I think some white graphics for the frame would suit it well. I just picked up a chameleon from ebay for £20 so will be starting on that soon, beginning with new paint!

Re:

Thats the one, complete with half a race face chainset and a completely dead roox rollercoaster.

Re:

So after getting some gentle miles on this I've made a few choice changes, I've just had a set of wheels built up by my even localer & now bike shop of choice who I cannot speak highly enough of (Perfect balance cycles in Totton) using a set of d521 rims from a nos set of built wheels I had, on to m950 hub with lovely butted spokes. I'm also looking to change the chainset out for a later Raceface item & finally during the shakedown I realised downhill tyres are a bit much around & about so currently running Ritchey sheild 2.1's.
Looking to make a few more changes & then finally get a spec sheet up.

Latest posts

Back