Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
. . . . turned up at work this week.

WP_20170107_17_23_56_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

To most, it will be nothing special, but to me it takes me back to my racing days.

Edit;

My old one, on which I won lots of evening 10s, fastest club 10s, 25 champs and hill climb champs. Multiple times. As well as doing a couple of national champs, 25 and 50.

DSCF1476 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

My new arrival,

WP_20170107_17_21_21_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Fluorescent lighting and phone camera really don't show it at it's best, but you get the idea.

Mike

Re:

Funny you mention that, the yellow one was Ultegra. And so will this one be. At 1.4kg for the bare frame, it will be no heavyweight!

I did a quick mock up this afternoon, robbing one bike of it's wheels and bar/stem combination.

The other bike was a mix of 105 and Ultegra, both 9 speed. So I thought I'd make that one 105 throughout, with this one Ultegra.

OI! Wake up at the back! :LOL:

Took a few more photos just now.

Loving the - lack of - clearance!

WP_20170107_17_18_18_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

WP_20170107_17_12_25_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Found a suitable saddle on here,

WP_20170107_17_13_39_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

The stem is a bit pale, I may have to do something about that

WP_20170107_17_12_45_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

But here it is now, just mocked up.

WP_20170107_17_09_20_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Need to grease the headset and polish the frame, with only a couple of small blemishes on it, before I assemble it properly.
Not set the stem yet, so may end up a bit higher. Looks a bit of a weapon though, eh?

Mike

Nice black yellow theme going on there but saddle to bar height difference looks huge.

Re:

Thanks,

It's only mocked up for now, have plenty of steerer to play with, when I start measurements

Had black or grey bar tape suggested, but I like the white tbh

Mike

riddim-track":1vthxzfa said:
was going to mention the saddle height too, have you grown considerably since your TT days?

No, must be an optical illusion, maybe as this one is black? I will double check though

Back