2003 Giant TCR ONCE

Don't go overboard with the yellow.

Re. saddle height, actually the camera angle in the old pic is a bit odd. It is a big saddle to bar drop but this is adding to the exhilaration and fun right?

Will watch how this shapes up and hopefully feel inspired to get me ONCE frame from the loft and do something with it

Re:

Bar tape is staying..
The yellow one is a photo of a photo, hence the weird look!

Hope to make more progress at the weekend

Mike

Re:

Nothing to report yet I'm afraid.

Busy doing other bikes :roll:

I did wash it though!

Not sure whether to go black big chainring, or silver.

Mike

Re:

To Plastikote or not Plastikote, that is the question ?

I have seen a nice black one on eBay though, but pricey

Re:

Wet day today, not at all ispiring me to get out. So, after some tidying up in the garage, it was time to do some polishing.

Drill, mops and polish. With Solvol to finish.

Before and after,

IMG_0776 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Wanted to do the right hand crank first, as I knew it would take the longest.

Then the pretty second hand looking rear mech. Was a real mission to get the stop adjustment screws out, non-standard, but just managed it. After which I took the pivot bolt out. Sadly I couldn't remove the cage, the stop is not the normal cross head type, and wouldn't budge.

IMG_0777 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

But looks a bit tidier now, despite the limitations of a 3" mop. Some bits of it were unreachable. Do Dremels work in tight areas? Not got one of those. Yet.

IMG_0779 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Just need to find spare stop screws, pretty sure I have some in my small parts box. I hope so!

So, not a bad afternoon's work. Yes, time consuming, noisy and messy, but very satisfying.

IMG_0781 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Back