Old fellas Stanton Sherpa

Johnboy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My love affair with old bikes has been waning lately due to the fact that I'm finding them more and more uncomfortable to ride. So I decided to sell some of my stable off and build something new. The remit for this build was comfy, with a more upright riding position, and this is the result.

My riding these days isn't very demanding, mainly green lane although I occasionally make the mistake of thinking I'm fifteen again and do something stupid.

You may say why not go for full suspension, and the answer is that I don't like suspension and never have, I also don't think it's really needed for what I do. So rigid but pliant is what I was after, and it is certainly that.

Can you spot the homage to my retrobike roots?

Thanks to everyone who has bought stuff off me, this is what you paid for!

Attachments

• DSC00509.JPG
    DSC00509.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 2,543
  • DSC00507.JPG
    DSC00507.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 2,536
  • DSC00508.JPG
    DSC00508.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 2,543
  • DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 2,541
Cool. Funny mine arrived today same colour as well. Will post up pics once built. I am going 120mm traces and 1x10 :)

I like the single speed build though.
Are those salsa forks? 470mm a to c? Is that short for this frame?
I think letmetalk to mark is building a rigid one of these also be interimg to see what forks he goes for.

THEFALLGUY":19dbehe8 said:
Doh on my phone just zoomed and see they are 9niners and theres an alfine? Hub :)

Yep Niner 853 steel forks and an Alfine 11 hub. I decided to go for that after seeing a Genesis Fortitude Adventure, which unless I'm much mistaken Letmetalktomark owns, or used to.

Dan Stanton said the frame can run 80-120mm forks and the Niners feel just fine. They are 470mm a to c.

Ps
Can you spot the homage to my retrobike roots?
Well?

Latest posts

Back