Rocky Mountain Vertex & Litech MG disc

Dickyboy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not great pics I know, but having managed to limit my bike collection to just four (or maybe even three) I'm faced with the following dilema.

Out of these two I want a pure XC race bike & a fast road based flyer, the Litech I've grown to love & I'm liking the look of the Rocky Mountain frame but it would seem a shame to put rigid forks & skinny tyres on either of them really.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,184
it would be a shame to make a roadie out of the RM imo..it deserves a lot of mud and dirt..

Trouble with the rocky mountain is that I know that an XTR m960 chainset would just look soo blinking cool & I'm trying to resist..... but it would be very nice as a race bike.

Just when I thought I had all my biking needs fathomed out too :roll:

That one has just formed itself by very gradual upgrading.
It has m960 mech, XT dual control hydraulic shifters and a smattering of carbon.
Could really do with some lighter wheels though as they are really letting the side down :roll: :D having said that i haven't managed to buckle them yet :D

GG - about the only m960 I don't have available so far is hubs, chainset & shifters :)
Doubt whether I'd bother with the hubs & not sure I'd like the dual control - was thinking of some SLX shifters & levers to ease the pain of shimming the brakes.
Chainset wise the m960 would look fantastic, but pricey & only of cosmetic benefit & 50g lighter than a new XT :?
What length forks are you running there - my angles look way wrong with the 80mm R7's I've got on there at the moment.

Think I just need to get out & ride before all this pontificating ruins my life...

440mm P2's, i've got a 29er front wheel coming for it ;)
I had 80mm(more like 65-70mm) Manitou mars elites on it before.
I can switch it around as i see fit as i've still got the old bits ;)

Latest posts

Back