Proflex 857 Expert For sale. PRICE DROP £200

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, this is my mate's bike and he is in need of cash so has asked me to help out selling this for him...

I think it is a 1996/7 bike that his brother bought new for about £1700.00 and then put some period extras on

It is size 'way big' but I am 6' and can ride it comfortably as you see it here.

It has full XT (739 I think) and also has some very nice red anodised hope big un hubs and some xlite QR skewers but the back one is missing the 'bar' that controls the cam for the release....and some odyssey triple trap pedals

The right hand shifter has been removed by a spurious bike shop to 'sort out' but I know there was nothing wrong with it when I had it in my garage for a few months last year.....I was riding the bike and it shifted perfectly....but its in a box with some other bits that have been removed (grip ect), and it will need a new gear cable as that has been junked by the shop

I put a post up in the 'how much is it worth' bit in general chat, and the kind replies seem to suggest it is worth between £200 and £300, complete or split, so the price is £300 and we'll take it from there.

I'm not messing around splitting it as it's not mine and I've done a few favours for him already (thats what friends are for ect) so if you want the hubs ect, buy the lot and sell on what you don't need

Cash is king on this please...I may be able to help with delivery for a small fee for me ;o)

I'm near Stansted airport.

bikyg8.jpg

sorry about the size, I can't work out how to make them smaller!!

All Pm's replied to...........

Come on guys....the wheelset is worth at least £150!!

This bloke is a good fella who is normally ok dosh wise, but has had some shit luck over the last couple of weeks and things have gone tits up for him.....Its worth £200 all day.....If I had the spare cash I'd have had it for the £300.....

cheers

Back