GT Avalanche size XL fully refurbished

bendogg17

Retro Newbie
I finished this project 6 months or so ago and intended to use it for rides out with the family, but it's just sat in the shed since then and any riding is done on my modern bike, so I've decided to sell it rather than let it gather dust.

Apologies in advance if this isn't considered a 'proper' retro bike, as it's not all that old - I wanted to build a bike which looked like a 90's mountain bike (like a Zaskar or similar) but which wouldn't cost a fortune, hence not everything is 100% period to keep things practical. The idea was to have something which had the retro look but wasn't so precious that it wouldn't get ridden, and had new/modern mechanicals so it was reliable.

The frame is a GT Avalanche size XL which has been re-sprayed in titanium silver. The colour looks great, the only bad point is I had 2 small GT stickers put on the top tube before the lacquer was applied but they didn't adhere and have some off, so there is an area which has no lacquer.

Brakes are STX RC, Shifters are XT, mech's are LX, front hub is specialized, rear is shimano, both with Sun rims. Forks are basic RST's which came on the donor bike.

Tyres, headset, seat, grips, cranks, chain-set, cassette, chain and pedals are all brand new, as are all cables which are Jagwire in light grey to match the grips.

Looking to recover costs, don't expect to make any money, so asking £250 ono. Looking to see if there is any interest on here before resorting to ebay.

OkCAPJF.jpg

xWadusw.jpg

rrDwzvK.jpg

yLhJHqu.jpg

bHkJQPU.jpg

6BEJ9cq.jpg

Latest posts

Back