1986 Yeti FRO XR0310

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Hi all,

It's time to list this for sale. 1986 Yeti FRO serial number XR0310. If you abide by Yeti FRO serial number history, this would be Yeti #11. According to John Parker, this bike was made for Hollywood Special Effects Guru Matt Sweeney who helped the early Yeti crew with tooling and space. Hence the "Team Shrew" decal which was given to people special to him. Parker's Motocruiser has one as well as Russ Worley's race bike.

This bike ended up here in Durango, Colorado via Yeti team mechanic Traci Wilde and was originally painted white but was factory repainted purple at some point. It would have looked identical to the one on the cover of the first Yeti brochure. All of the awesome vintage FRO details are there: Round top tube, 26.6 post, chainstay front derailleur anchor, BMX headtube, Yeti fork with Campag dropouts, early Yeti stem that was a copy of a Cook Bros, and what is likely a Cook steel handlebar. Remaining parts are complete XT 6-speed M730 group and Bullseye cranks and hubs. Suntour XC post. Tioga FJ Cousins. Portage pad included!

As for condition, there are plenty of scrapes and scratches, paint chips, etc. But amazingly there are no dents or cracks. If it were my size, I'd be waiting until our trails dried to turn a couple laps on it, but it's way too big for me.

19" Seattube C-C
23" Top Tube C-C

Asking $4,000 + shipping to Europe, etc. More details, pics, or whatever, PM or email me.

IMG_4465 by Mike Wilk, on Flickr

IMG_4471 by Mike Wilk, on Flickr

IMG_4476 by Mike Wilk, on Flickr

IMG_4479 by Mike Wilk, on Flickr

Amazing Mike. I’d love this if I had some spare $

Wow! Never thought I'd see this one offloaded so soon, Mike.

GLWS! Hope it goes to a true collector.

Back