1987 Yeti FRO

Nice! Nothing out of place on that beauty, bit like a well worn pair of 1960s selvedge edge Levi 501s, you just can't beat an iconic design.

I'll do a ride report soon, still getting some bugs out of the build. My quick take away is that the bike really encourages you to go fast. It seems happiest with both hands firmly on the bars and off the brakes.

I have a silly question: Why is there an Easton sticker on the frame when the frame is made out of steel? Not putting the build down in any ways, just curious.
Defo BOtM material here.

Re:

Didn't Rumpy's Ultimate also have an Easton sticker on it as well

Anyway back to the bike, Love it Martin and glad to see it's in BOTM
Most eighties bike look like 80's bike with similar ugly geometry, but your FRO could happily sit next to early 90's bikes and not look out of place

Will be hopping over to SecondSpin for a good read :D

Plenty of glorious sunshine as well by the look of things!

Easton was a major sponsor of the Yeti team in the late 80s, especially once the collaboration on the C-26 started. This bike was 'most likely' a team bike and definitely a test bike used in the development of the C-26 hence it got the decals. Here are some other examples of steel Team bikes with Easton decals:

sideshot1_zps20ab94c8.jpg

tomac_zpsb03981a7.jpg

1990-JimmyDeaton1_tu3T8Yl.jpg.1600x0_q65_crop.jpg

Another cool old Yeti getting some of the best possible resto love!

Some cool close up shots there, never seen an early FRO in such detail before, with features like the rear dropouts (are they Campy dropouts? - my knowledge is a little sketchy of the early stuff :oops:), the front mech cable assembly and the BMX headset (I think it's a BMX - again, sketchy knowledge!).

As others have mentioned, great looking geometry - definitely ahead of its time. :cool:

Back