Balance FS 450 for sale

alexdaws0n

Retro Newbie
For sale is my retrobike Balance FS 450. Built as a Manitou replica with the rear suspension built into the rear triangle, very interesting design... I'm looking to fund another project hence the sale.

19" (M) frame

Mechanically the bike is solid brakes/gears in great working order however having stripped the forks down the elastomers in the front and rear forks are completely shot and need replacing (like every other Balance I have seen online). The front fork stanchions are like new but the rear have some corrosion on them below the seals (I have tried to get some photos of this).The other thing to note is some cable rub around the headset and a small dent on the toptube from the brake levers (see photos). Other than being a bit grubby, the seat being a bit worn and having a few superficial blemishes on the paintwork it is good to go. The chain will be put back on the bike with the sale (misplaced my chain tool).

If your looking for a project or a donor FS 450 then this would be ideal.

Due to it's overall condition and rarity (minus the elastomers) I am looking for around £275.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

• p4pb9797210.jpg
    p4pb9797210.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 495
  • p4pb9797211.jpg
    p4pb9797211.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 495
  • p4pb9797215.jpg
    p4pb9797215.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 495

Latest posts