For Sale GT Tachyon ‘Crossover’ 1990 Original Gravel Bike Rare Opportunity!

Puffnut

Retro Newbie
One of a kind in the UK as these were only sold in the US. I imported this one myself, so this is a very rare opportunity. I have never seen another one for sale or even mentioned in the UK.

You could say this was the first gravel bike and it is brilliant on and off road. Originally came with GT proprietary wheel size of 700D, but has been converted to 650b. I have the original wheels if required.

Other original parts either on the bike already or included in the sale are

Suntour Command drop bar shifters

Cassette and chain

Handlebars

Brake levers

Suntour Rear and front derailleur

Bottom bracket

Crankset

Headset

Stem

Seat post

Dia Compe XCE front cantilever brake

Dia Compe XCE rear Ubrake

Frame is Tange MTB infinity and is in great condition for the age. It is currently on a 3x8 speed shimano drivetrain, with an Avid Vbrake on the front and Dia Compe U brake on the rear.

Not in a rush to sell, I’m just gauging interest. For more info or photos please message me. Offers considered. If you live far away I may be able to post or come to an arrangement, just message me. If you are interested but would like it built up with the original components, please let me know as that is something I can do.
More photos available, just message me. IMG_0244.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg IMG_0233.jpeg IMG_0241.jpeg IMG_0252.jpeg

Needs an asking price please

These are not as rare as you might think in the UK - there have been a few on retrobike over the years along with their 700d tandem cousins

Muddyfox and specialized had similar models too - drop bars and larger wheels

These are not as rare as you might think in the UK - there have been a few on retrobike over the years along with their 700d tandem cousins

And Alpinestars 🙂

Interesting, I have never seen any before. I would recon they are still very few and far between!

Muddy Fox had their 'drop bar mtb' Trailblazer model for the 1987 model year and even an aluminium model by 1990

The 700D wheel really limited the GTs as tires simply don't exist, 650b may fit

650b does fit as that is what is on this bike at the moment. My one comes set up as 650b, and I am also including all of the original 700D wheels and parts.

650b tires on the original 700d wheels. Not 650b wheels

It would have been better to see it original as the current parts look a bit tired and don't exactly sell the bike

Back