Wanted: Coolermaster Stacker 830

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As above really, if anyones selling one or knows anyone. Or even some other places I can try?, been keeping an eye on ebay but they're either in crap condition or collection only and miles away. Oh and Happy New Year

I got all excited when I'd got a reply then lol, for now pretty much the stuff I've had for a few years, trusty old AMD6000+ and asus m2nsli and the new garphics card which is the main reason for change. Its a GTX260 so didn't fit in the case properly, I had to remove the hard drive cage and move it to the front drive bays. In fact they say a picture speaks a thousand words soo.

P1020905.jpg

P1020920.jpg

P1020936.jpg

I had a look at that card,and it says it wont run directX 10.1 is that a problem?
Looks a nice card with good frame rates :? What did you pay for it?

dyna-ti":htn0x33a said:
I had a look at that card,and it says it wont run directX 10.1 is that a problem?
Looks a nice card with good frame rates :? What did you pay for it?

Hmm not sure about directx 10.1 I'd of thought it would, dont think it will run dirextx11 but to be honest I think you've got to have the new all singing all dancing 500quid or whatever card for that anyway.

Think it depends on what you use your card for I'm not into games that much, more used for photoshop, file converting and the odd game, would only be an issue if a game you want to play needs the version of directx that it doesnt support which I imagine wont be many.

I paid £95 for mine but mines the XFX black edition so clocked as standard to about same specs as the GTX280. Its a brilliant card to put it into perspective my old card that it replaced was still doing its job alright (7900GS) but when it came to converting films it took 6 hours to convert a 8gig file to avi and my cpu was running at 100%, done the same with the new card and it takes around 2 hours and my cpu only runs at around 80%

One thing I will warn you though, its a big card and I mean really big, my case is big for a midi case and I had to remove my hard drive cage and stick it in the front bays for it to fit, luckilly I'd got that feature or I'd of been buggered lol

I like XFX :cool: .I've got their 9800GTX+ black and its great for my stuff,that being online multiplayer shoot em ups,but im more into the graphics and rendering engines that just shooting things :?
I think its a comparable card to yours only newer.When the price drops a bit i'll get another and run it in tandem :D

dyna-ti":16pi8q8p said:
I like XFX :cool: .I've got their 9800GTX+ black and its great for my stuff,that being online multiplayer shoot em ups,but im more into the graphics and rendering engines that just shooting things :?
I think its a comparable card to yours only newer.When the price drops a bit i'll get another and run it in tandem :D

I had a look into them and apparently its a bit quicker than the 9800GTX but good old Nvidia are confusing as the 9800GTX is a rebaged 8800GTX which isnt a bad thing as they're great cards anyway, all I'd say mate is if it does what you need it to I wouldnt bother upgrading, only replaced mine because it was a 7900GS and was getting long in the tooth and could no longer do what I needed too quickly, was still a great card though. That was a XFX as well lol

Latest posts

Back