Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:23 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

That’s great info , thanks mate , hopefully get it built up for the odd dry weather spin!
I was convinced it used to have a 23 block !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

That MegaPro XL is the earlier Dedacciai SC61.10 tubed model before they moved on to 7000 series aluminium. These frames are prized by Bianchi aficionados for reasons I cant understand. I think its also sometimes called Scandium. These are usually 9 speed but, check the shifters and count the clicks. Pantani's own frames were hand built by the Reparto Corse shop but this is probably not,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

JSH wrote:
That MegaPro XL is the earlier Dedacciai SC61.10 tubed model before they moved on to 7000 series aluminium. These frames are prized by Bianchi aficionados for reasons I cant understand. I think its also sometimes called Scandium. These are usually 9 speed but, check the shifters and count the clicks. Pantani's own frames were hand built by the Reparto Corse shop but this is probably not,

Hi , cheers have paper work from when new but no price on it , it’s a bike I will just keep and use on dry days, it seems the 7000 are different colours but I do actually prefer it in solid Celeste , it was purchased in 1999, I’m guessing bike shops just stocked this model at the time ?

Didn’t know it was scandium !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Carbonmtb wrote:
JSH wrote:

Hi , cheers have paper work from when new but no price on it , it’s a bike I will just keep and use on dry days, it seems the 7000 are different colours but I do actually prefer it in solid Celeste , it was purchased in 1999, I’m guessing bike shops just stocked this model at the time ?

Didn’t know it was scandium !

Don’t quote me on the scandium bit... there’s a lot of conflicting info on the web :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Don’t quote me on the scandium bit... there’s a lot of conflicting info on the web :D[/quote]

Ha ha ! Yeah your right , can’t find much info on these bikes to be honest , I think it’s a keeper by the sounds of it !

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi All , I’ve had a look at the bike and the shifters are 6500 ultegra , it does 8 clicks dropping down from 1st and the bikes receipt says 9 speed , tried a modern 9 speed cassette and it was to wide , the driver is 36 mm, mind it wasn’t a 9 speed ultegra 6500 , could it have been a mtb ? Doublftul as it was a 25 block , will they have been narrower from 1999?

Thanks for any help