Reg Harris

Chrisfromglossop

Dirt Disciple
Anyone got any recent info/pics etc ref Reg Harris branded bikes which were from his Macclesfield site early 60’s ? I’m still trying to identify one I picked up last year and not too much info about !!

Attachments

• D970E800-5D68-4015-B1F2-757832B025EA.jpeg
    D970E800-5D68-4015-B1F2-757832B025EA.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 635
I hope that these images may be of interest.

Attachments

• Reg Harris054.jpg
    Reg Harris054.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 560
  • Reg Harris055.jpg
    Reg Harris055.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Reg Harris056.jpg
    Reg Harris056.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 561
  • Reg Harris057.jpg
    Reg Harris057.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 559
  • Reg Harris058.jpg
    Reg Harris058.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 558
Re:

Cheers , have seen these apart from price list ! My spec is more like the Giro !! Would love to see more pics from catalogues or actual survived bikes !

Certainly has the look of the international. I had one in the mid 60’s. Mine was in Florentine Silver/Venetian Red. It was stolen after just two weeks and I had to pay my father’s HP agreement back for two years after the loss. Police were informed, but never heard anything more. Wish i’d kept the frame number details. Who knows it might have turned up again some day. Interested to watch how you rebuild this frame.

To put these bikes into perspective a top road bike in 1961 was £60 - £80, these are in the "schoolboy" category like the majority of the Carltons from Raleigh.

I have said before, the size of the market for top line racing bikes would not have supported a very small factory.

They look pretty good value, but I remember I was not too impressed when I saw them. Reg came round to the trade himself.

Keith

keithglos":3632absn said:
To put these bikes into perspective a top road bike in 1961 was £60 - £80, these are in the "schoolboy" category like the majority of the Carltons from Raleigh.

I have said before, the size of the market for top line racing bikes would not have supported a very small factory.

They look pretty good value, but I remember I was not too impressed when I saw them. Reg came round to the trade himself.

Keith

Do you know if the frames were made in the Macclesfield factory or did he buy them in? The one I acquired a few years ago was nothing really special I'm afraid.

Back