Frank Herety RIP

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just had word from one of Mr Herety's friends that Frank has sadly passed away. Know there are a few on this forum who have Frank Herety frames.

Here are a few words from Mr Herety's friend

Frank's service and committal will be on Wednesday Sept 3rd at Stockport

Link to his Death notice in the Manchester Evening News website:

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/famil ... ar=&page=3

Frank was an irascible old coot, and I say that with a lot of affection. If he liked you he'd bend over backwards to help, but you'd soon feel an icy breeze if he didn't - Frank didn't suffer fools gladly. He had many skills, as if making cycle frames wasn't enough, restoring antique furniture, fixing up motorbikes, preparing items for powder coating and chrome plating, and a whole host of other little jobs that needed good hands and an inventive mind. There weren't many little problems Frank couldn't figure a solution too, and if he couldn't help he was sure to have made a friend who could. And he made many many friends from very different backgrounds through those skilled hands.

Popping into Frank's always led to several hours well spent gassing. I'm going to miss his wit, passion, inquisitive nature and inventive mind. It was a pleasure to know him and a privilege to call him a friend.

Chris Taylor

RIP Frank.

indeed he was a top man, fixed my first real road bike when the crank fell off! and he saw me pushing it past his shop.
one of my biggest regrets was never getting him to build me a frame.
He will be sadly missed.

Back