Rudge Aero Special 531

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
hi guys picked this up this morning at car boot, ive heard of rudge before but never seen one in the flesh so to speak. just needs some outer cable on the 4 speed gear change, then everything is working. it has a 4 speed rear sturmey fm alloy hub with a date of 1952 on it, also has dunlop special lightweight wheels in very good nick with very good chrome.

spent all day looking at and keep finding something different, ive started to t cut the bluemels guards as they are just discoloured and are coming up a treat.

take a look at the link for some pics :xmas-big-grin:

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/richy ... t=3&page=1

Stolen definately,but i'm prepared to look after it for you,you dont want a visit from your local pc.

Re:

my local pc is a wpc who is blonde and well fit. i wouldnt turn down a visit from her. might even let her have a ride if she asks nicely. i have been told that the bike is actually varnished as there was no form of lacquer in those days

Re: Re:

NeilM":lyg9khg7 said:
Amazing, I really must start going to car boot sales.... no actually I'd best not.

i have also found 2 or 3 nice bikes at car boots over the years but nothing that nice for sure

Re:

My first New Year's resolution - go to more car boot sales.

Great find. My first 'proper' bike had one of those 4-speed gears. I thought I was the bee's knees.

Re:

That's very nice.

sssssssshhhhh.... you've not seen me here ok!

al.

Re: Re:

jm":1m2a733v said:
HELLO AL YOU BACK AGAIN.

I've never been away.

Just hang around elsewhere.

By the way, there's a Rudge at the Cycle Centre you can have, if you want to build something old.

al.

Back