Replacement brake hoods for Weinmann 605 levers

clangstone

Retro Newbie
Can anyone recommend replacement hoods to fit Weinmann 605 brake levers ... currently fitted to my Dawes Imperial. Original or pattern ... I really don't mind... I would like to retain the vintage look though.

Thanks

Re:

Weinmann collaborated with dia compe, their hoods fit weinmann non aero brake levers and are cheap and easily available and look the part, right down to their logo going across a circle like weinmann does, an option if you have trouble finding weinmann ones.

Dia compe hoods on weinmann 500 levers...

DSC04434.jpg

Re:

According to Sheldon...

Dia Compe The leading Japanese brake supplier before Shimano acquired a near monopoly on the Japanese parts business. Dia Compe used to have a working relationship with Sun Tour, and made the brakes labeled "Sun Tour." Dia compe components have a well-deserved reputation for quality.
Dia Compe first made a major impression on the bicycle industry in the late '60's, by inventing extension levers for drop-bar brakes. At that time, Weinmann was the leading brake manufacturer. Dia Compe's extension levers were so popular that Weinmann entered into a licensing agreement with Dia Compe, allowing Dia Compe to copy Weinmann's brakes in return for letting Weinmann copy Dia Compe's extensions.

So, Dia compe were responsible for that great innovation, suicide brakes :D

Back