It's a bike, I know that much.....

dwarfedgiant

Retro Newbie
Hi. I've got this bike. Not used it. Had it for just over a year now. Anyone know anything about it? A friend built it for me. I've never ridden a road bike. S*** scared of the tiny tyres, if I'm honest. Is it a decent bike? Thinking of selling it, you see. Not sure.

Hope the image tag, picture code thing works...

BL6XaG

BeTWUP

AQTDLo

BL6WMN

AQTCas

BeTUT4

BCPMDN

Bmh2t9

BL6WkL

AQTCpq

BCPMqS

Looks like a variation on the Raleigh Record Sprint.......they have a cult following :)

Shaun

Midlife":2armk54s said:
Looks like a variation on the Raleigh Record Sprint.......they have a cult following :)

Shaun

Ok. Fair enough. I'll do a Google and find out a bit more.

Thanks for the info.

The only bike I remember having what a Grifter as a kid. I loved that bike.

Thanks again.

Midlife":1mlxj067 said:

Shaun

Isn't the sticker that says aerospace contour the name? I've no idea. Someone could have just stuck it on I guess.

The aerospace contour sticker is from another raleigh, it had an aero down and seat tube, instead of round.
This frame appears to have round tubes.

Pulsar was one of the aerospace ones IIRC.

I had one.

It was shit

mattr":2nzorshk said:
The aerospace contour sticker is from another raleigh, it had an aero down and seat tube, instead of round.
This frame appears to have round tubes.

Pulsar was one of the aerospace ones IIRC.

I had one.

It was shit

Yep. Round tubes.
Things such as tube shape, seat type etc etc can make finding out what it actually is, so hard. Thought I'd see if an experienced eye, like yourself, could help. Thank for the info.

It's a bike at the end of the day, but interesting to think it has a history.

Blimey, a Grifter owner, I remember when they were released :). I also remember the release if the Record Sprint. Black frame with gold graphics and components.

Remember the JPS Lotus F1 :). The Record Sprint matured over the years with design changes but still retained the black frame with some gold bits :)

It was one of the bikes that Raleigh could always supply in the larger sizes without much of a delay, never knew why.

Shaun

Re:

looks like a Sprint

Looks like this Sprint, replete with Space shuttle...

file.php

Attachments

• raleigh wossname.jpg
    raleigh wossname.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 499
Back