HELP! 1980 MOTOBECANE GRAND RECORD INFORMATION ON SELLING

dcedwards

Retro Newbie
Hello

I have a 1980 MOTOBECANE GRAND RECORD with Shimano 600EX Arabesque which is in good condition. I inherited the bike from my uncle and don't know much about it. He had it from new and I remember him riding it in the 80's. As far as I am aware it is still in its original state and in a good used condition. It has been in my garage since last year, and although I would like to keep the bike, I don't have the space so I am looking to sell it on. I was hoping for some advice about selling it (i.e. where to advertise and approximate price). If anyone could please give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Hard to say!!

I owned a 1985 Grand Record (Columbus SL tubes, full Campag Triomphe groupset, Wolber Arc en ciel rims) which was a very jittery ride on the road (the bike had perfect angles for Crit racing). I know nothing about the make up of the 1980 model but I'm thinking that if it's fully equipped, has quality tubes and forks and is in good running order, perhaps somewhere between £250 & £300 is close. Could advertise it here (Classified Complete bikes forum) or Fleabay.

I may be well off the mark, if there are Motobecane connoisseurs out there, but again, if the ride is as jittery as the 1985 bike, perhaps less than £250 is realistic.

Good luck

Re:

Can you get some pics up please,you never know who's reading and might be interested.

Re:

Thanks guys for your help. I will post some pictures later and also put a post in the Classified Complete bikes forum as suggested.

Back