Are these Reynolds 531 Forks??

cycletothesea

Retro Guru
There is a tidy 531 frame on eBay, with these forks. Not seen anything like this before, anybody recognise this as 531 forks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-01-07 21.04.15.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-01-07 21.04.15.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 944
Re:

I may be wrong but they just look a bit poor quality. Not saying they are or that 531 forks were picture perfect but they just don't seem right. That triangular reinforcing somehow looks wrong and isn't there a hole by it?

Looks like Cinelli MC or Haden Concord style fork crown. The drilled fork tangs are typical in that they never fitted well, the hole looks like dirt. My Falcon San Demo look like that and they are 531.

Weighing them would help.

Shaun

Re:

The fork crown looks too good quality for them no to be at least 531, but I must admit, the dirt / dark area under the crown does look a lot like a hole....

Well, decided against it in the end. I've seen forks like this on Cinelli Supercorsa frames, but this just looks like a bad copy, not quite right.

Thanks for the link, I missed that one :) . Interesting frame, with the B on the fork crown and the cutout lugs it should be easy to identify but nothing rings a bell . The B on the forks isn't Bianchi.

Still quite a nice frame, does not look English though ?

Cheers

Shsun

Re:

The B on the forks indicates it's a Benotto frame, so by a quality frame builder. The long pointed tangs with the drilled holes are brazed onto the inside of the fork for extra strengthening around the fork crown. Looks like you missed out on a good one.

I thought Benotto frames had "Benotto" pantoed onto the fork crown with an oval line around it to match the seat caps and the frame decals?

Shsun

Back