Raleigh Team Replica

charlie 1951

Dirt Disciple
WP_20141221_004_zps94c4ad9c.jpg

WP_20141221_002_zpsf8fc4b07.jpg

I attach photo of my current project. Its a genuine Raleigh Ilkeston Frame number SB 902 so its about late 77 to early 79. Its not yet complete as need to get Bar Tape and set up the brakes but its getting there. Am using a Campag Gran Sport chainset till I can locate a Super Record one which it really needs to have if its to look the part.

Charlie
"Only the mad are truly happy"

Re:

sorry but I can't see any pictures. With that serial number you're looking at 1976 I think...

Re:

If you copy the image in to your browser it will take you to my photobucket. How do you get the photos to come up on the site?

Yep, I agree with gavr SB902 would be 1976........the end of 1977 was 1200 ish so before then :)

Copying your images just comes up with "imageimage"

I can host them if you e-mail them to me at shaunwhitehead@aol.com but I'm going to be working away from tomorrow. I use Tinypic to upload images which is fairly easy.

Shaun

How sweet, a miniature Team Pro :)
With mine, one option was a Gran Sport chainset and when I found a Super Record one for a price I was prepared to pay it needed a different length BB axle.
viewtopic.php?t=282501
If you can be patient, I found classic Campagnolo prices extortionate but they were much more reasonable in the riding season. At this time of year they are high 'cos demand is high as we're all looking for that part for a build.

Re: Raleigh team bike

Yes its a 20 seat tube. They can't have made many of them. It fits me well with a good length of seat pin visible.
Skirt of frame size Steve Joughin would have used.
It's meant nearly complete so will post a photo soon.
Happy Christmas to to all.
Charlie

Looks lovely Charlie, really nice job and the perfect size in my opinion. Though I may be biased ;)
As for your photos, I too use photobucket. See if you click on the above link, when the photobucket page loads, on the right of the page you see a box that says 'share image'. This has various options but if you click on the very bottom one that just says 'IMG' it will copy that link, then on this page you just paste it on the page, nothing else and your pic will come up when you preview it.
Hope that makes sense as its super easy and quick once you know how.
Cheers
Jamie

Lovely. I'm feeling slightly wistful as I just today broke mine down to store in the loft as we have builders in for the next 6 months.
What seat post is that? And you should try the period correct Brooks Team Professional saddle - I find mine very comfortable (albeit no more so than a Selle Italia which is less than half the weight).

Back