What freewheel with 80s Campag Record hubs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

I have discovered an annoying incompatibility between campag hubs and a Regina BX freewheel.

The nut on the end (#33) is 0.5mm too big in diameter to get the removal tool on ... So if I fit the freewheel I will never get it off!!

Yes that is an option I guess. Bit of a faff.

Was wondering about shaving a bit off the lock nut or getting the tool reeled out but that is probably more of a faff.

Campagnolo ergal alloy freewheel is an obvious choice.
Everest would also do along with maillard

I have not found that problem. I have a 6 speerd suntour winner that fits fine. I have spare a 6 speed suntour alpha Professional 13-24T. It does not fit in my frame but it fits on my record hubs without issue.

Your if you want it.

Nob":36bshq76 said:

Hard to find at a reasonable price; many seem to have been butchered by people getting them off ...

bm0p700f":36h6t6bh said:
I have not found that problem. I have a 6 speerd suntour winner that fits fine. I have spare a 6 speed suntour alpha Professional 13-24T. It does not fit in my frame but it fits on my record hubs without issue.

Your if you want it.

Thanks; I'll let you know - I have ordered some more lock nuts and I will try shaving 0.25 mm off the circumference to see if that works.

The slight shaving will never bee seen.

Montello":1r1qfjd9 said:
Nob":1r1qfjd9 said:

Hard to find at a reasonable price; many seem to have been butchered by people getting them off ...

Here is mine that I got for a 100 quid for a special project fit the LF record hubs I have perfectly

Re:

Back in the day I used Regina BX with no problems on these hubs - I seem to recall just reaming a remover out.

Nob":13d56cfu said:
Montello":13d56cfu said:
Nob":13d56cfu said:

Here is mine that I got for a 100 quid for a special project fit the LF record hubs I have perfectly
Where did you get that for that price Nob?

Back