Sold Regina 6 speed freewheel...attached to a Pelissier 2000 Professional hub. Sheffield or can post

Funny you should say that. I've always been Sheff based, riding mainly in the peak District.

The other day I was struggling up a hill on 33/23, which in old money is under 40" (and that's not my lowest). I was thinking about how I used to be able to ride everywhere in 42/21 (54") and 42/18 was my most commonly used gear. How the (not so) mighty have fallen
I lived in Sheffield for a few years, you're either going up or down :)

I've gone up Mam Nick with 42/25 and that was not fun! After that I've stuck to a 28, though to be honest even that up some Peaks climbs are higher than I really find comfortable (Winnats, for example). It is impressive that back in the day 25 was about as low as any self-respecting roadie would go...but there is something to be said for low gears in these parts!

I tend to console myself with the fact that if some of the worlds best riders with the best equipment, nutrition etc can ride 34/32 up Angliru, then my bottom of 33/28 is no disgrace....... And Roglic's 44 cassette also

Back