What Model Saddle do I need

I looked at the selection of images over at Classic Rendezvous but there were no close ups of the saddle. One bike clearly has the Dural Mod 90, others appear to have the Mod 57.

Steven

It was probably the riders own saddle that they'd used for years. Tom used a Plastic Unica that he covered in his wife's old leather handbag.

Old Ned":qudzqk51 said:
It was probably the riders own saddle that they'd used for years. Tom used a Plastic Unica that he covered in his wife's old leather handbag.

NICE!!!
You could be right, that happened a lot in the 80's. I'm sure it was the same in the 60's, I thought it would be either a Brooks or an Ideale.
Was just hopeing that someone might have more accurate information.

That happened in the late 60's and early 70's. Riders would take their saddles from team to team and from frame to frame............usually some flavour of Brooks :D

Shaun

Midlife":2fm8p6j1 said:
That happened in the late 60's and early 70's. Riders would take their saddles from team to team and from frame to frame............usually some flavour of Brooks :D

Shaun

It was generally from race to race. They turned up with saddle and height marked seatpin, mechanic fitted it and off they went. End of race, saddle and pin out, back home.

True :)

we were youngsters at the time and committed the crime of having a number of suede and leather covered plastic saddles on several bikes........

Shaun

Latest posts

Back