Help with value of cycle please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrp192

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have been given a Raleigh Randonneur touring cycle with a 21" Reynolds 531 frame to rennovate. It belonged to my sister-in-laws father, Jack Wheeler of Kingston, Surrey, and I believe it is a quality item as all its components seem to be top quality.
After Jack's death the bike was stored in a damp shed so there is some rust on the plated areas and I think it needs completely stripping and restoring which I am struggling to find the time to do.
Therefore I am thinking of selling it as a project and was wondering how much I should ask for it?
I don't really want to break it for it's components and would prefer to sell it as a whole.
Also I believe Jack was a long time member of Kingston Wheelers CC and if there was someone on here from the Kingston Wheelers who may have access to an old cycle related picture of Jack Wheeler I would be very grateful to get a copy as I plan to use the money from the bike to buy his daughter one of those photo canvasses as a momento.
Thanks, Mark.

Hi, I tried to move my post to the link you gave but just ended up creating another one the same in the same place. I then couldn't find a button to delete it either. As you can tell i'm not very good with computers and can't work out how to move my post across?
Thanks,
Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back