Campag Delta brake blocks

bigfatron

Retro Guru
In late July I'm riding the three roads up and down Mont Ventoux, a fund-raising ride for a charity one of my daughters benefits from.

I'm planning to go on my 1989 Raleigh Dyna Tech Race a la Fignon/Super U team replica (except for the triple mechs and front clanger to accomodate my aging legs and an average 10% gradient!).

I'd rather not wear out two pairs of expensive brake pads on the way down, and wondered if anyone knows of one piece brake blocks that can be fitted as direct replacements without having to trim them so they fit?
your knowledge and assistance would be greatly appreciated!

from memory, any low profile brake block should fit.

dsc01216_108.jpg

I've tried a few of the one piece blocks with the threaded bolt moulded in, which is what I'm really looking for as they'll be disposable once the descents are done, but they have all been too long to fit between the caliper arm and the front fork and seat stay.

It's a short block that I'm needing, a bit like the original Aztec Koolstop (that I can't find anywhere now).

I suppose i could add a spacer to get more room, but I'm keen to keep everything as tight as possible bearing in mind I could be freewheeling down at 60mph. The risk of brake failure as well as the inevitable fade as they overheat isn't too appealing!

Latest posts

Back