Raleigh Record Sprint - 63cm

smokeysmoo

Retro Newbie
This is a reluctant sale of my restored Raleigh Record Sprint.

Pics are here; http://s888.photobucket.com/user/smokey ... t=3&page=1

The bike has been completely stripped down and the frame has been internally Waxoyled and the paint work touched up sympathetically. The decals would benefit from replacing, (they are easily available on eBay), but I wanted to keep it looking as original as possible myself.

The bike was 100% original when I bought it, but in order to make it usable and reliable for today's roads I have ended up making some subtle upgrades.

From front to back we have:

New Midge On*One bars in gold, (the original bars were too narrow for me).

New bartape.

New inner brake and gear cables.

Refurbished brake calipers with new brake blocks.

New Shimano UN55 bottom bracket.

New bottle cage.

New seatpost and new San Marco Ponzi saddle.

Refurbished Sugino GT chainset.

Refurbished Shimano 105 8 speed rear mech.

Refurbished Sachs Huret front mech.

New Rose Xtreme/Airlite wheelset with new Shimano 11-28 cassette fitted. (pic shows the old cassette which I'll include as well).

New Schwalbe Lugano tyres with new rimtape and new tubes.

New KMX X8 chain. (close up picture shows old chain, but pic with mudguards shows the new chain now fitted).

New SKS Bluemels mudguards.

The bike will stand up to any inspection, it rides super smooth and test rides are welcome.

FYI - it has only covered 20 miles since being rebuilt!

I'm in Bolton BL1 and am available most evenings if you'd like to come and view/test ride the bike.

Please ask if you any questions and I'll answer them as quickly as possible.

I've priced the bike based on the average price of buying a similar bike in original condition and then restoring/upgrading it to this standard with the same level of parts as I've done with this one.

With that in mind please consider the cost of undertaking a similar project yourself before making any offers, thanks.

The bike is collection only and payment terms are cash on collection.

£225.00 o.n.o.

Thanks for looking.

Back