Harrods Bike

lastpubrunner

Retro Guru
Hi All,

About a year ago, I acquired a very nice bike - a 'Harrods Knightsbridge'.

It has a 23in 531 ST frame and is in Harrods "house colours" - Harrods green with gold labelling.

I'm of the opinion that it was built by some one good in London for them, but who is unknown using top notch tubes and good Prugnat lugs about early 1980s. It is fitted with Shimano gears and good alloy wheels and hubs. Overall, the bike is in first class condition.

Does anyone know of anyone who is likely to have built this bike ?

It is a very nice and smooth bike to ride; akin to a Dawes Galaxy - in my opinion.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions.[/img]

Attachments

• Harrods.jpg
    Harrods.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 963
That looks very nice - any chance of a few more pictures? I had no idea Harrods had dabbled in bikes, although I guess it's in the best traditions of sell anything department stores. Sears-Roebuck would even sort you out with own brand houses and cars...

lastpubrunner":27seuahd said:
Hi All,

About a year ago, I acquired a very nice bike - a 'Harrods Knightsbridge'.

It has a 23in 531 ST frame and is in Harrods "house colours" - Harrods green with gold labelling.

I'm of the opinion that it was built by some one good in London for them, but who is unknown using top notch tubes and good Prugnat lugs about early 1980s. It is fitted with Shimano gears and good alloy wheels and hubs. Overall, the bike is in first class condition.

Does anyone know of anyone who is likely to have built this bike ?

It is a very nice and smooth bike to ride; akin to a Dawes Galaxy - in my opinion.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions.[/img]

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Back