LX Chainrings ???

POR73R

Dirt Disciple
Hi all i have the following Chainset / Crank

3413414104_be1cbb813c.jpg

My middle chain ring 32T has seen a fair bit of use since i bought it and i am wanting to replace it with a new one can you still buy them ? i am also looking for a smaller ring 22T can anyone point me in the right direction.

I've got a spare inner 22T Ex con
PM me
Sorry cant help on the middle though,but its not a hard one to find.
It's the outer thats hard to get

Replace it with anything other than a Shimano one - they seem to cut costs by making their rings very soft.
Stronglight or TA have lasted best for me, but Raceface and Blackspire wear well also.

hamster":1az1yqxf said:
Replace it with anything other than a Shimano one - they seem to cut costs by making their rings very soft.
Stronglight or TA have lasted best for me, but Raceface and Blackspire wear well also.

So will any 4 hole ring fit i take it they are universal fitting ?

POR73R":3ffhe2wa said:
hamster":3ffhe2wa said:

So will any 4 hole ring fit i take it they are universal fitting ?

Yes,as long as the bcd is the same

As to the model number,if you look on the back of each crank next to the pedal mount it will say-> m569
And i think it came out in '99,it was only out for a year then discontinued due to the cost of the outer ring/spider
There is also a spider adaptor for these models[lx,xt,xtr]it allows you to use 94/58mm rings
Hard to find though :(
This is what it looks like->
[+it's mine ;) ]

POR73R":2fc89tzw said:
I dont suppose someone could tell me which year it is and what number it is M???

The M-number will be stamped into the rear of the pedal end of the crank. But it looks like an M569 chainset which was released in 1997 and quite quickly superceded by the M570 in 1999. This was mostly due to the expensive way required to replace the unique outer chainring. At the time there was a 5 arm adapter which could be retro-fitted so that you could use the much more readily available 5 arm rings. The XT and LX were also available with the 5 arm spider as standard, with the M numbers M739-5 and M569-5 respectively.

I've got the 5 arm XT cranks on my 1997 GT Bravado, and I've got the 4 arm chainring in my spares box. Might switch back one day because they are a good looking chainset in my opinion.

Probably get it for under £50 ,posted.maybe £40
Mind that it is new,and bound to be subject to US export taxes.

They do come up on ebay for between £12-£20,which is a good price indeed,but not very often.

AND I KEEP MISSING EVERY ONE :evil:

Back