Not just Modern f... art?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Easy squeezy,

Anyone else seen these retro installations around london town? This is the 2nd white bike I've seen chained up... admire the sentiment but what's it all about?

Was it one of you lot?

Attachments

• DSC00423.JPG
    DSC00423.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,154
  • DSC00424.JPG
    DSC00424.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,154
White bikes

they are "ghost bikes" and are placed at the point where a Cyclist has been killed , intended to be a reminder to passing motorists in particular

Good idea, but they are not quite right. Bikes chained to imoveable objects for a long period of time slowly lose their useful parts, useful chainset on that one. I wonder how long it will be before the useful parts are stripped, cleaned and on ebay.

.....like vultures gradually picking away at a cadaver....eerily apt in a macabre sort of way :shock: :shock:

When I was in central London last week I think I saw someone riding one of those.

silverclaws":3r407eev said:
Good idea, but they are not quite right. Bikes chained to imoveable objects for a long period of time slowly lose their useful parts, useful chainset on that one. I wonder how long it will be before the useful parts are stripped, cleaned and on ebay.

There's one in the city where I lived before I live in the country-side...It is chained in a corner of a street since more one year now...A woman has been hit by a truck in this area of the city center. People seems to be respectful to this gesture in her memory and they leave this bike there...But to be honest it's a really shitty bike, and I guess nobody could have a reason to stole it!

I've heard of at least one guy who sprayed his own bike completely white (and kept on riding it) after his girlfriend got knocked over and killed on a bike. Would probably have made the point better if it had been a tandem, but there you go...

Back