USA made wooden wheels, all for tubular rims 2x26 1x700

cyclecrank

Retro Newbie
GOOD friend passed these to me from his estate, and I collected them the other day ,he had them hung in his long workshop as wall art but in the years between he had managed to check and rebuild them to decent shape, would'nt use them, but ideal for art or a static machine, so looking for a new home for them as I'm losing my real-estate in the next few months.. i know what he valued them at a few years ago but have no notion of a realistic value, all i can tell you is that i've only seen and handled these 3 in a busy life around cycle stuff..i intend to dress up the hubs some and clean the spokes with wire wool.. and maybe some wax on the wood. then some pics... just to raise the appeal.. anyone?? will

I would imagine you are looking at a very limited market for those wheels. Ebay may be your best bet for marketing.

Sold a pair of 26 x tubs/ sew ups.about 6 years ago . They were imperial sized .Chap ln Belgium could of made some .Expensive as I remember .

Went for about £30
Complete with hubs.

Almost certainly these were made for the obsolete single tube tires. I have 7 of these. Four have been restored and are still occasionally used on the bikes they came on. IMG_1964.jpeg IMG_1959.jpeg IMG_1295.jpeg IMG_1296.jpeg IMG_1297.jpeg 69256395688__2498D0CE-17AC-4E3C-8D03-3A0BB767C5F4.jpeg IMG_2571.jpeg IMG_2570.jpeg

Back