Bike Killer!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
just had my worst ever day for mechanicals.

6:15 AM Pace RC-100. Rear puncture 2 miles from home. Tyre a bastard to get off and back on. 1 mile from home blow brake hose out of LH Magura.

Back home, sulk, fix, hang back up in garage.

11:20. FAT. 100yds from home, supermarket run, blow out on rear. Perished rim tape, tube scrap.

14:30. FAT. Afternoon ride. Rear puncture, stop change tube.

14:40. FAT. Front puncture. No spare tubes left. 2 mile walk home.

15:20. Swapped for Cotic SS, back up to woods. Rear wheel pulls over to side 3 times on climbs

15:45 Snaps rear QR attempting to tighten enough to stop wheel moving. 3rd walk home of the day.

Fook it. I'm not riding any more today!

Si

Have you thought about taking up bowls or something?

Less chance of a mechanical,more chance of having to administer first aid to an old giffer though! :LOL:

Al,here to help.

You know what? I have only had one puncture in 2 years until today. Forgot to mention that my wrist is now swelling up after going over the bars this afternoon too. It's quite painful.

Lovely riding/walking weather today though. I'd have been sick as if it had been raining.

Si

i saw a guy racing at sherwood with no seat or post and another with no seat . one guy retired with what i could only see was the chain coming off the crank .

I went for a 45 minute ride yesterday and got 3 punctures and a snapped chain :evil: Ride ended up 75 mins...

Threaten everything with riser bar/ barend combo or a grinder or a shotgun to the headstock - that usually cures the little blighters...

Latest posts

Back